Although a lot of horrifying announcements have been revealed for Knott's Berry Farm's 43rd annual haunt event, the announcements are far from over. On Wednesday, August 26th Season Passholders and Knott's Scary Farm Passholders are invited to witness the new secrets that will await them in the fog this year. This spooktacular event will be held at Knott's Berry Farm in the Charles M. Schulz theatre at 8pm. But beware wristbands are required to attend and are on a first come, first served basis. More information here.
What we know so far about this year's event:
Additionally, the Skeleton Key room experience is also back, there are 5 Skeleton Key rooms to unlock this year! Mazes that are part of the Skeleton Key room experience are The Tooth Fairy, Voodoo: Order of the Serpent, Black Magic, Forevermore, and Pinocchio Unstrung.
Purchase Knott's Scary Farm tickets here.
New maze for 2015!
- "Escape the icy grasp of the chilling Snow Queen in the The Dead of Winter. Backed by a ravenous beastly army of resurrected Viking warriors, she is hellbent on avenging her beloved family’s murder, and preys upon any unsuspecting visitors who foolishly enter the borders of her icy domain."
- "This twisted tooth fairy steals more than just baby teeth as he drags his victims out their bedroom window and into a world of deranged dentistry. Unbelievable special effects include a blackout room through which guests must feel their way out, a disorienting x-ray strobe light room, and a final encounter with the massive tooth fairy, himself. Say aahhh. "
- "A Blood Moon Rises" continues the story of The Gunslinger. The Red hand gang has disturbed a burial ground that contained a SkinWalker relic, that has transformed them into Werewolves under the Blood Moon Curse. Return to the Old West and walk in the bloody footsteps of a betrayed and left for dead gunslinger on his path to retribution. This journey back in time takes guests on a trail of terror through abandoned gold mines, a treacherous corral, a seedy saloon and a final showdown at town hall."
Gunslinger's Grave is back and bloodthirsty werewolves have overrun the crime stricken town. Explore the Skinwalker's Lair but be on the lookout there are even more scares waiting for you.
- "Beware the cursed swamps of New Orleans, where mindless zombies trudge through the murky bogs in search of bloody sacrifices and demons use Voodoo curses to possess innocent souls. Choose your path carefully children, for one wrong turn and you will be hexed forever."
- "The veil between the living and the dead is severed when Houdini’s ghost materializes during a séance and ushers a host of demonic illusions to play tricks on anyone who intrudes on his theatre. From the prop room to the main stage this dilapidated theatre will make visitors skin crawl. Will you be part of the disappearing act?"
New additions for Black Magic include a new seance room scare, new knife cabinet hall, and more scares!
- "The twisted mind of Edgar Allen Poe comes alive as the “Forevermore Killer” works his way through one haunting tale after another. All the victims unwittingly find themselves a part of “The Raven,” “The Tell-Tale Heart,” “The Pit and the Pendulum,” The Masque of Red Death” among other horrific stories. Guests will want to catch up on their reading to stay a chapter ahead of their demise."
Forevermore will have new room designs, more scares, and a new Skeleton Key room based on the short story "Eleonora".
- "Years have passed since the blue fairy denied him his final wish, but Pinocchio has returned with an army of murderous marionettes intent on killing his former masters. The purpose of his killing spree – human flesh to cover his twisted wooden body. Revenge comes with no strings attached. "
New Skeleton Key room to explore in Pinocchio Unstrung!
Trick or Treat
- "Trick or treat, which will it be? Step forward and ring the witch’s doorbell. Oh, she is home, but where? You are not quite sure. Don’t be afraid, her minions will guide you. You can come away with a treat, but is it worth it?"
Two new rooms have been added to the Trick or Treat maze, a potion room and a bewitched attic.
- "Back by overwhelming demand, guests can enlist to fight the zombie apocalypse in an all-out war against the undead in the interactive experience, Special Ops: Infected - Patient Zero. This ambitious attraction was the first of its kind in North America. Armed with specially designed laser guns, brave groups of Knott’s Scary Farm guests will embark on missions, led by their Squad Leader – a loud mouthed, take-no-prisoners commander charged with turning guests into soldiers.
- Groups must work together to fend off zombies and complete terrifying missions before time runs out. If zombies drag their bodies too close, the un-infected’s guns temporarily deactivate, compromising the safety of the entire team. Soldiers with the deadliest aim will be celebrated with a tally of the number of zombies killed on display board for other survivors to see each night in base camp.
- Special Ops: Infected seamlessly integrates interactive gaming technology with an immersive mountainous landscape, delivering a breakthrough interactive haunted experience that is as terrifying as it is challenging. Missions will take guests through a variety of wilderness terrains, including the unpredictable barrel bridges across the rushing river, through the dark caverns, and through mysterious backwoods. Six acres of the beloved theme park is now home to mutinous, scream-inducing zombies, and the time has come for a harrowing Special Ops survival mission.
- There is no additional charge for Special Ops: Infected. Only a limited number of missions are available each night. Pick up a reservation card near the Camp Snoopy fountain to receive a time."
More blood-thirsty zombies are lurking in Special Ops: Infected along with twice as many new challenging missions and high tech laser guns.
New Show for 2015!
- "Elvira, the legendary Mistress of the Dark, returns to Knott’s Scary Farm in a spectacular all-new nightly show, Elvira’s Asylum, which transports guests to an asylum of music, dance and comedy."
- "A live stage show in Calico Square that irreverently looks back at the year's pop culture with some killer comedy. Notorious for its special effects and high-flying stunts, The Hanging® is a no-holds-barred assault on pop culture’s most infamous moments of the past year. A must see parody!"
- "Knott’s Boardwalk is taken over by “CarnEVIL,” where the freak show is the main event and countless clowns crave your undying attention."
Fiesta de los Muertos
- "Fiesta de los Muertos fuses dance music, colorful costumes, and larger than life stilt walkers in a dance party scare zone with even more characters than last year to create the ultimate late night celebration of Dia de los Muertos."
- "Ghost Town Streets is the original - and still most terrifying scare zone - that started it all. Bands of half-human, half-animal monsters prowl the streets and inhabit the fog. Beware the notoriously startling Sliders who lunge from every fog-filled corner of the land. New for this year, Ghost Town Streets has been expanded to the backstage maze area to create the largest scare zone in Scary Farm history, full of new surprises."
For more information about the Knott's Scary Farm unveiling event for Passholders, click here. To purchase tickets for Knott's Scary Farm visit their website here.
Don't get lost in the fog! Be sure to stay updated on all the haunt news from Knott's Scary Farm, "Like" them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter so you don't miss a thing!